Monday, August 31, 2009

Sorry - You'll just have to use your imagination for this one



"Picture this--" as Estelle Getty in her "Golden Girls" role as Sophia, used as a prelude to one of her stories. No, not The Monkey lounging on the arm of the sofa the way large cats lounge on the larger branches of trees. He's doing that here, and you don't need much imagination to see The Monkey dozing this way.

Instead, you'll have to imagine the blue curtains we've put in our empty doorways to keep our small air conditioner's cold air in the living room. Imagine the cat-claw snags partway up one panel.

I missed a great shot while talking to Kenny on the phone. I saw the curtain was moving, and I presumed either The Monkey or India the Dog-Cat - or both - would emerge under the blue fabric.

Instead, one panel swung out unexpectedly, and dangling along for the ride was The Monkey. Riding the fabric the way Tarzan swung out on jungle vines, The Monkey took himself for a brief ride.

He swung out several times, causing me to howl with laughter. I was too helpless to explain to Kenny what had interrupted our call. Nor could I get to the camera in time. Before I could unpack my new Nikon and turn it on, The Monkey worked his way down the curtain and was off to other adventures.

No comments: